As you all know (or maybe don’t, but I’m about to tell you), I am ALL about meals that can be reformatted into different meals. You might be wondering what that means, so I’ll elaborate. I love to spend time building a recipe that I can then Frankenstein into something completely different the next day, in order to keep things interesting! These zucchini pizza boats are a perfect example of one such dish.
I do happen to enjoy pizza, but unfortunately the dairy and the gluten just don’t agree with me, so I’m always looking for inventive ways to get that pizza feeling, without the traditional dough and crust. These zucchini boats still give that pizza feel, but just with a different “crush” and some vegan cheese! After the first night eating these pizzas, I decided to simply chop up the zucchini boats with all of their toppings, toss them into a pot with some more of the Rawesome Original cheese spread, and it created this creamy dreamy veggie pasta sauce. One meal, 2 ways!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 5-6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, diced
- 8-10 black olives, halved
- Pizza sauce
- Rawesome original cheese spread
- Optional- veggie or chicken sausage
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Once your oven is preheated, bake your veggie or chicken sausage for 12 minutes per side.
- While the sausage is cooking, cut your zucchinis in half, lengthwise. Gently scoop out some of the seeds to create a well in the zucchini
- Spread your pizza sauce across your zucchinis
- Top with mushrooms, olives and spinach, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside the pizzas aside
- Remove your sausage from the oven and carefully slice into rounds. Add to your zucchini pizzas
- Top with the Rawesome Original cheese and pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the cheese is bubbly and the veggies are cooked, serve and enjoy!
To create the next day pasta dish, simply cook a cup of your fave gluten free or whole wheat pasta according to the package instructions. Dice up one of your zucchini boats (or 2 if you have 2 left) and heat up in a medium pot. Add 1 tbsp of the Rawesome Original cheese and stir until the veggies are fully coated. Add in your pasta to coat in the sauce, reheat and enjoy!