I made these guys on a whim last night after getting inspired by a friend’s recipe. They took all of 5 minutes to make and there are so many variations possible once you get the base down. The base recipe for these bites is only 5 ingredients. Yes, you heard me, only 5 ingredients. The best thing though? These ingredients can be changed around each time you make them to keep things interesting! I’ve included a few of the options below- enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup crunchy all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 of a cup of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir until well combined
- Roll into 1 inch balls (should make about 12 balls) and place onto a parchment paper lined plate or tray
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until the balls are a bit more solid and enjoy!
- Add in some mini dark chocolate chips. Enough said, no explanation required
- Add in 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shavings for a more “macaroon” type taste
- Add in sunflower seeds (or any seed really)
- Add in some hemp seeds- they have no flavour but have great added nutrients
Note: Store the balls in the fridge in an airtight container. They hold up much better and will last a few days longer than if they’re left on the counter