I don’t know about you, but I can’t believe today is December 1st. This year has just flown by and I can’t wait for what 2019 has to bring. For the last month of this year however, I’ve got lots to check off the list, starting with Holiday shopping! I’m a bargain hunter for my holiday gifts which allows me to get way more for way less. In this post I’ll be sharing my holiday faves as well as my shopping tips to help you along your holiday way!
Not all of my recommendations will be health related, my goal is to give you guys a well rounded, affordable series of gift ideas! Today’s focus is on the drinkers in your life! I truthfully love gifting barware to people because there are so many amazing affordable options, and getting someone a nice set of wine glasses and a bottle of wine is an easy yet thoughtful gift. You can also easily keep the gift between $25-$50 depending on the bottle you’re including (if you are) and how much barware you’d like to buy.
My top 3 go to for all things bar are!
1. Winners Homesense- They have the best assortment and their prices can’t be beat. You may not find exactly what you’re looking for, but you’ll always find something great.
2. Stokes: They have the best deals year round and have really great classic and themed sets. I found the most incredible set of 4 champagne flutes with a gold star motif so only $20! It makes the perfect festive gift and no one will ever know how affordable it was!
3. The Bay: This the the more expensive of the three options, but go on the weekend and 9/10 times you can take advantage of a Bay Day sale! When shopping their weekend sales, you’re more likely to get something branded like Mikasa, but at a discounted price.
My next series of gift ideas may seem like an obvious one, but it’s tried, true and affordable- pyjamas! What I love about buying PJs as a gift is that there are just so many options available! I like that you can pick a style that really speaks to the recipients personality so that the gift is more heartfelt and personal!
My top 3 PJ destinations are!
1. Old Navy: They have the best pricing, assortment and styles when it comes to PJs. You can get both fun and classic styles, and they’re almost always discounted on the weekend.
2. La Vie en Rose: La Vie en Rose is a great place to go for the more classic PJ gifts. Their themed options are a bit too kitschy for me, but they also have an assortment of themed ones as well. This is a great spot if you’re looking to top off your gift with slippers or a sleep mask, their assortment is much bigger than just PJs.
3. Forever 21 actually has a great assortment of PJs in their stores. They have fantastic price points BUT most items are themed and come in pre-sized sets, so your mix and match options are a little more limited.
For some, the holidays make them want to just pull their hair right out of their heads. The stress of finding the right gift or showing up to all the events just becomes too much and ends up taking away from the magic of the season. The next series gift ideas are for those who get stressed by the holidays. Treat these people in your life with love and understanding, and get them some goodies to promote health, wellness and relaxation!
1. Winners has fantastic bubble baths, bath salts and bath bombs in their cosmetics department. Over the last few years they’ve also done a really fantastic job and sourcing paraben free and all natural brands as well.
2. My sister and sister in law, Kelly Kruger Brooks and Cherise Bangs have just launched their first ever line of essential oils! The duo curated 5 blends that not only smell amazing, but will help keep you healthy this holiday season. You can choose from Immunity, Just Breathe, Kelly’s Blend, Calm On Get Happy, Sleepytime or all of the above! All of the scents can be ordered individually or as a set!
3. If you want to splurge, a spa package is ALWAYS a good gift. My favourite places to go in Montreal are Spa Diva and Le Finlandais because you don’t just get a massage, the visit itself is a great experience. What’s even more special about le Finlandais is that they have a hotel across the street from the spa, and offer overnight packages that include access to the spa, an overnight stay, and a variety of other goodies. It’s a more expensive option, but makes for a very nice stay-cation gift.
4. Treat someone to hair and makeup! It’s a small gesture, but being pampered over the holidays always leaves people feeling their best. My fave makeup artist (hands down) is Elizabeth D’Amico Makeup and you can check out her beauty bestie Steff Richards new salon for a blow out, cut and style or any other hair care treatment!